Adafruit Product Code: 2266
The Raspberry Pi Model A+ is the perfect board for the minimalist Pi fan. This low-cost Pi uses the same processor as the model B+, but does away with the Ethernet jack and three of the USB Ports. This makes it lower power, less expensive and much lighter & smaller! It's still compatible with all Pi operating systems and software, and has the exact same 40 pin GPIO connector and camera/display sockets, so any HATs or Pi Plates or other things that plug into the model B+ will work just the same.
It also has the same HDMI, sound/composite connector and microUSB connector for power
Unlike the Raspberry Model B+, there's only one USB port and no ethernet jack but it's also significantly smaller at 65mm x 56mm if you don't include overhang from the connectors. Also, there is only 256 MB of RAM onboard instead of 512, so if you have a RAM-intensive application you may need to stick with the B+
Don't forget, you'll need a USB power supply with microUSB cable, and a microSD card with a Raspberry Pi OS on it (we suggest a Raspbian 4G card or NooBS 8G card)
Be sure to check out more of our awesome Raspberry Pi accessories including:
- Assembled Pi Cobbler Plus - The best way to break out your Pi's pins into a breakout board. We also carry the Assembled T-Cobbler Plus that makes your breakout pins a bit easier to read but is less compact.
- Adafruit Pi Box Plus for the Raspberry Pi Model A+ - this is a great case to keep your Raspberry Pi Model A+ safe and sound. We also carry the Pi Protector for Model A+ - our pocket-sized Pi Case.
- 8GB Card with NOOBS 1.39 - This is the fastest way to have a variety of operating systems on your pi.
- Bare 4 GB SD card - you'll need this to load the Raspbian/Debian image and is not included in a Pi computer purchase. Tested and works perfectly! We also have a wide range of pre-burned SD cards
- 5V @ 2A Switching Power Supply w/ 6' MicroUSB Cable - An all-in-one 5V 2A + MicroUSB cable power adapter that's perfect for powering your pi
- HDMI cable - required to connect a Pi to a monitor and is not included in a Pi computer purchase. We also carry the flat version for a more sleek/stylish look.
- Ethernet cable - required if you want to connect your Pi to the Internet via a router
- USB WiFi Module - This is our recommended WiFi adapter, works out of the box with Pi with good range and speed
- Keyboards and Mice - We have a range of wired and wireless options
- A wide range of accessories and essentials
- Various small displays as well as nice Pi-compatible HDMI monitors in a range of sizes, from 2.5" to 10"
Note: Shipping weight reflects UPS' new dimensional weight regulations.