The URM04 v2.0 Ultrasonic Sensor is developed based upon our popular URM37 ultrasonic sensor. The RS485 interface allows a number of sensors working together. Up to 32 URM04 may be connected together in a network.
The ultrasonic sensor allows you to determine the exact distance of an obstacle in the sonar field of view. The cleverness of your robot will depend on a sensitive sensor similar to the one bats use to know their position and track prey. With advanced programming, you can design compensators in order to perfectly control your motors according to the obstacle's distance.
NOTE: This sensor REQUIRES a RS-485 interface. It can not be connected directly to an Arduino. To make the connection easily we recommend using our IO Expansion shield v5.
- Power Supply: +5V
- Current: <20mA
- Working temperature: -10℃～+70℃
- Detecting range: 4cm-500cm
- Resolution: 1cm
- Frequency: 40KHz
- Interface: RS485
- Units: Range reported in cm
- Temperature sensor: 12 bits reading from serial port
- Default Device Address: 0x11
- Default Device baudrate: 19200
- Size: 34x51 mm
- Weight: 30g
- URM User manual
- Product wiki page
- Test Software
- Test software source code
- Arduino Sample code
- Sample from rxcoder
- URM04 v2.0 Ultrasonic Sensor (x1)
- Wire with 4p JST connector(x1)