This uneven terrain traveling hexapod comes with eighteen(18) CDS5516 high performance 300 degree rotation servos which gives this hexapod 18 degrees of freedom. The CDS5516 servos have more than 14kg/cm of max holding torque allowing the hexapod to stand on only two feet.
The CDS5516 servos have the capability of returning their current angle, torque, and working temperature when polled via serial interface. This feature allows for greater accuracy and control of each individual servo. Giving you access to critical information about each servo will also allow you to troubleshoot your sketches. The Arduino Mega 1280 and Mega IO Expansion Shield included in this robot kit make this hexapod a powerful, yet DIY-friendly robotics platform.
The Mega's 54 I/O pins and multiple serial communications ports allow you to add many additional sensors and modules for all your robotic needs.
- Power supply:
- It is possible to power the whole robot with only one 7.4v battery for the Arduino mega board as well as for both servo driver boards.
- Servos specifications:
- Max holding torque: >14 kgf.cm
- Weight: 61 g
- Slewing range/servo mode: 300°
- Max rotate velocity: 0.18 sec/60°
- Hexapod Instruction Manual
- Servo Data Sheet
- Wiring Diagram
- Sample code/libraries
- Zip File (Contains all of the above and additional servo documentation)
- Hexapod robot frame kit x1.
- 2mm*8mm self-tapping screws x25
- 2mm*5mm self-tapping screws x50
- 4mm*10mm screws and nuts x72
- 3mm*8mm screws and nuts x30
- 3mm*5mm screws and nuts x25
- Footstep bearing x6
- M3*6mm nylon screws and nut x4
- M3*50mm hexagonal standoff x4
- Arduino Mega 2560 microcontroller board x1
- Mega IO Expansion Shield V2.0 For Arduino Mega x1
- Uptech CDS5516 Servos x18
- Servo driver board x2
- 7.4v battery x1
- Jumper Wires 9" F/F Pack of 10 x1