Adafruit Product Code: 495
Calculator watches are back, but microcontroller watches are always in style. Make your own with this easy to solder real time watch kit from SpikenzieLabs! It comes with a unique laser cut acrylic casing which protects the watch and looks snazzy besides: the four individual acrylic parts cut to fit the internal PCB, battery and switch perfectly. Included is a velcro wrist band. After soldering the Solder:Time, the watch is built by stacking the acrylic parts with the PCB and holding it together with the included screws.
The Solder:Time was designed to be a wrist watch. It doesn't have to be limited to living on your wrist, you could also use it as a badge or desk clock.
- Great looking laser cut acrylic case
- Unique watch
- Easy to solder
- Stand alone project - no computer or other programmer required. Just solder it and it's ready!
- On board Dallas DS1337+ Real Time Clock (RTC) for super accurate time keeping
- Jumper (on bottom) for always on use.
- Hackable: Programming and I2C pads labeled on bottom
- Clear front and back casing to show the internal electronics
- Adjustable wrist band
- Can be also be worn as a badge with optional badge clip.
- Long lasting battery, with special LED lighting method and very low power processor sleeping.
This is a DIY soldering kit, you'll need to assemble it yourself but luckily that is very easy, and very fast so this is a good kit for beginners! You'll need basic soldering tools such as an iron, solder, and diagonal cutters.
Kit includes: Solder:Time PCB with all of the electronics, Laser cut acrylic casing with four screws, Easy to use Velcro type wrist band (long enough for huge wrists, trim-able for smaller ones and a CR2032 Battery. All instructions are here!